Turntable to B2

Joseph

Dec 31, 2021, 10:25:34 AM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi, is it possible to connect a turntable/record player to B2, using it as an amplifier? I'm imagining so, via the Aux In connection, but presumably this requires an adapter cable for the twin phono plugs. Can anyone help with which type of adapter cable I'd need please?

JFBUK

Dec 31, 2021, 10:57:58 AM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Joseph,

what sort of turntable do you have ?

Does it have its own pre-amp ?

A turntable without a pre-amp will need to be connected  to one in order to give a line level output that the B2  can handle in its aux input.

John

Joseph

Dec 31, 2021, 11:12:20 AM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

It's this turntable, so yes, it has a pre-amp https://www.richersounds.com/audio-technica-lp60xusb-black.html

Joseph

JFBUK

Dec 31, 2021, 11:33:59 AM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Joseph,

you will need a cable that takes the twin RCA connections from your turntable to a 3.5mm jack that will connect to the B2

something like this

One other question - are you planning to use speakers wired directly to the B2 ?

All other outputs including line out & Bluetooth bypass the main B2 amplifier so you may want to reconsider your setup if that's what you plan to do.

John

Joseph

Dec 31, 2021, 1:44:40 PM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

Yes, speakers are wired directly to the B2 so what does that mean for playing the record player through it as above please?

Joseph

JFBUK

Dec 31, 2021, 4:41:00 PM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Joseph,

It’s not something I have done but I think you will be OK.
Others may comment to confirm or otherwise

John

PMB

Jan 3, 2022, 5:10:35 AM1/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Joseph,

This will work OK - you have to select 'Play Aux' to activate the Aux input - the B2 will reboot.

To exit Aux mode press the front control and then press again.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Joseph

Jan 4, 2022, 8:18:37 AM1/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks all for your help. I've ordered a relevant cable so I'll let you know in due course if I have any difficulties.

Mick Johnston

Jan 4, 2022, 8:57:00 AM1/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Does anyone know if it's possible to save the record deck output to the B2?

JFBUK

Jan 4, 2022, 10:39:18 AM1/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

the answer is Yes but the B2 has no edit capability other than file naming so you will need to get the recordings to a computer to split, trim etc

John

Mick Johnston

Jan 4, 2022, 11:20:16 AM1/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John, that's what I thought but just wanted to verify.
Mick

Jeff. M.

Jan 4, 2022, 12:04:27 PM1/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Mick, I recorded all my albums to my PC using Audacity, renamed them and then sent them to my B2 via web UI. Assuming you have a PC and the turntable is USB.
There was a post on here recently about another recording programme, but you had to pay for it!

Jeff. M.

Jan 4, 2022, 12:06:03 PM1/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Mick

DOMINIC
16:41 (15 minutes ago)

to me
All
I have recorded and uploaded to B2 thousands of track/albums. Audacity is a hassle. I found and bought Alpinesoft’s Vinyl Studio. It is a super powerful and easy program to use which delivers pro results. I save and upload via thumb drive in WAV.

Dominic

Daniel Taylor

Jan 4, 2022, 1:36:55 PM1/4/22
to Brennan Forum
I'm sorry to hear that you found Audacity to be a hassle.  That was not my experience.  I wish I'd tried it years before I finally did.

Jeff. M.

Jan 4, 2022, 3:27:03 PM1/4/22
to Brennan Forum
I found it OK Daniel, that was sent to my email a few days ago, was just passing it on!

Daniel Taylor

Jan 4, 2022, 4:42:41 PM1/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Sorry, I should have made it clear that my comment was for Dominic.