USB DAC speakers for BB1

Philip Davies

Feb 14, 2022, 9:30:59 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Can anyone recommend SPeakers for BB1, with the USB DAc included - I know already I can use a DAC + 3.5mm input but I want it to be real simple and USB direct would seem the right way to go especially if USB powered as well.

thanks

JFBUK

Feb 14, 2022, 10:57:43 AM2/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

I can't make a recommendation but some things you will need to check are that the speakers and DAC will work with USB audio input from a Linux based computer , which is what the BB1 is under the hood.
Ideally you should confirm that they work with a BB1 but that might be difficult up front.
There are speakers that are advertised /known to work, with Windows based PCs using USB audio input.

e.g. AudioEngine make several

John

Message has been deleted

PMB

Feb 15, 2022, 4:22:51 AM2/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Phil...,

You could also consider one of the many compact amplifiers with built-in DAC (SMSL and others) and a set of speakers.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Philip Davies

Feb 27, 2022, 1:19:03 PM2/27/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi , indeed I did and I was hoping that someone had some recommendations rather than just taking a stab at something off amazon. Its always a fun game when trying to get linux compatibility, even with the full distributions.
In the meantime Ill look at the audio engine link  - thanks for that