BRENNAN TITLES

dave.h...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2021, 3:30:07 AM9/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All
I absolutely love my Brennan B2 as I did my JB7 which I also still have
I'm sure that like me there are a of lot of people more advanced in age who have real trouble reading the small print showing the Artist and Album Title which is below the main screen lettering showing the Song Title
On the JB7 all the data (Artist, Album and Track) was displayed on the main screen lettering which I much preferred.
Is it not possible to have an option under Settings on the B2 where you can specify which type of display you want to see?

JFBUK

Sep 4, 2021, 7:51:03 AM9/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dave,

I assume that just using the Web UI or Brennan app on a phone/tablet to see what is playing is not a good solution for you ?

I did write the text below in response to a similar question a while back but again it may not  be a good option for you ?

John

If you have a smart TV or, a TV/Monitor with a smart tv box connected, and are able to to run a browser app on the TV then you can display the Web GUI there whilst controlling the B2 in another way i.e. front panel,  remote, or even on a hand held device such as your phone using the Web UI or Brennan app.

Its not perfect but it does give you at least some sort of bigger display if that's what you are looking for.

I found that the full original Web UI does not refresh the search panel , playlists , or the artist and album lists on the right but when you change track the what's playing window is refreshed.

For this reason I think the best option is to choose the mobile Web UI option for display on a TV.

I took a picture of my TV but the quality is not great because of ambient reflections.

My test was using the 'Silk' Browser on my Amazon Fire TV box which is connected to my TV.

Fire TV has a crude mouse emulation using its remote which works but can be tedious.

Its not something I will use as my B2 is in a different room to my TV.

thumbnail_IMG_20210811_134842656.jpg

dave.h...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2021, 3:18:30 AM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi

Many thanks for the reply

I do have the Web UI on my Notebook, but when I am walking past the B2 and don't know the details I then want to look at it on the B2 screen. The Notebook lives in another room so I have to go there to find out, which destroys the immediacy of the solution, and of course I have to have the UI opened on my notebook

I'm sure you hear this thousands of times but "surely it is not a particularly complex enhancement to do"?!

Thanks again for the reply anyway