BB1 upload help

Kai

Oct 13, 2021, 8:21:35 AM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is well.

Just having some troubleshooting issues with a recently bought Brennan BB1 and hoping the forum can help:

  1. I'm having some difficulties uploading music onto the BB1. I've been trying to upload 826 tracks via the WEBUI. The WEBUI states all 826 have been uploaded but only a handful of tracks (<100) are visible/ playable. I've read a few threads and tried uploading it in smaller quantities of 20 tracks but the same issue arises. This happens with both bulk and individual upload options are used.
  2. I've also tried uploading via a USB hardrive and stick. Both harddrive and USB stick has been formatted to FAT32 before the music was transferred but still wasnt able to detect the tracks or any folders.
  3. All tracks are MP3 format and are playable/ visible on Itunes and a old MP3 player I possess.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kai

JFBUK

Oct 13, 2021, 8:51:23 AM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Kai,

When you say the web UI states all the 826 have been uploaded are you getting this number from 'Settings & status" in the web UI (displayed when you click the little cog wheel icon) ?
Can you confirm that your source tracks are in  folder format:
artist/album/tracks

John

Kai

Oct 13, 2021, 5:38:40 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

Thanks for the swft response.

The setting and status only has 93 tracks/ 826 on the BB1. Sorry, I meant when in the process of uploading, it confirmed 826 of 826 had been sent.

Tracks are not currently in folder format at the moment... can I confirm you mean the title of the actual MP3? Or would you have to edit this in somewhere specifically?

Many thanks John,

KR,

Kai

Daniel Taylor

Oct 13, 2021, 7:43:29 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
The folder required for transfer to the BB1 is a folder named for the Artist, containing a folder named for the Album, containing the track files.  This structure is commonly contained in a higher level folder named "music."  The music folder is not required, but the Artist\Album\tracks structure is required.

PMB

Oct 14, 2021, 6:18:11 AM10/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Kai,

Not sure why the web UI upload is not working except perhaps the WiFi signal at the BB1 isn't good enough. You can check this by using the top control to go to Main menu >> Settings & Tools >> Maintenance >> Advanced > WiFi Strength. Ideally this should be around -50dBm (where -40dBm is a stronger signal and -60dBm a weaker one) for a reliable connection.

For the USB transfer, make sure the music is arranged as follows -

music - a folder - must only contain Artist folders
          Artist #1 - a folder - must only contain Album folders - no Tracks or other files
                        Album #1 - a folder - containing Tracks and album artworks (.jpg)
                                        Track #1 - e.g. Here comes the Sun.mp3
                                        Track #2
                                        etc
                        Album #2
                                       etc
        Artist #2
                     etc

music is not required but does group all of the Artist folders if transferring multiple Albums.

Paul
Brennan Support.