Back up Hard Drive.

1973macca

Jun 12, 2019, 12:53:39 PM6/12/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi, I'm after recommendations for an external hard drive to use to back up my 2Tb2 and if mains or USB powered is preferable. Also, should I buy HDD or SSD.

Thanks.

Daniel Taylor

Jun 12, 2019, 1:13:51 PM6/12/19
to Brennan Forum
Here are links to what I bought:

The first link is to a 2TB Seagate HDD that is the same size as used in the B2.  That drive is now in my B2.
The second link is to a USB 3.0 enclosure, in which now resides the original 500 GB drive that came in my B2, which will be my backup drive until it's full.

If you are in the UK, there will be similar or exactly the same things at Amazon.co.uk

Message has been deleted

Chris A

Jun 12, 2019, 2:17:52 PM6/12/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi 1973macca

I bought a 2TB Toshiba Canvio Portable and have been very pleased with it. See link (though it may be a better price elsewhere): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Canvio-Basics-Portable-External/dp/B07994QL95?th=1

RaymondO

Jun 12, 2019, 4:25:06 PM6/12/19
to Brennan Forum
It is a waste of money going the SSD route for a drive that only is used as a safety backup. The self-powered USB HDD drives make a simple solution - I use a cheap Caviar but the secret is to HAVE a backup!