Back Up.

wonder...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2022, 1:43:51 PM3/6/22
to Brennan Forum
Please help if you can,  When I look up what l have backed up on my hard drive plugged into my laptop the Artist’s have backed up fine however no sign of the many other albums on the B2 wee disc icon which is next to the artist icon on the B2 my playlist have backed up fine .wonder where l have gone wrong ? When l look at the list of music by pressing the disc icon it’s a right jumble  and not in alphabetical order but can still be played.
Any help would be appreciated thank you Andrew

Daniel Taylor

Mar 6, 2022, 1:58:30 PM3/6/22
to Brennan Forum
When you select either Artist (head icon), Album (disc icon), or track (notes icon), they can each be listed eitheralphabetically (AZ with an arrow icon) or not (which will be mostly the order in which they were originally copied onto the B2).

As far as you backup disk, I'm not sure I follow you.  First of all, have you used the Export command to do the backup?   Or did you use the Backup command?  I ask because the organization of the music on the backup disk will be different in each case.

When you view the contents of the disk on your computer using the File Manager (or Finder), you see a list of Artists - yes?  Then when you select an Artist, do you then see a list of the Albums for that Artist?  If not, please tell us what you do see?

Peter Lowham

Mar 6, 2022, 2:23:30 PM3/6/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andrew,

I had a similar sounding effect some time ago and it turned out that the USB stick that I was using was a fake device.  There are also fake HDDs being sold.  These are very common on Amazon and eBay, where people are tempted by the cheap prices.

Have you used this HDD before?

You can test these devices with a downloadable (free) app called 'H2testw'.  If you go to this weblink below for an explanation of how this works.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Peter.

wonder...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2022, 2:45:13 PM3/6/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi, thanks a lot for your help , when l plug my back up hard drive into my lap top and click on any Artist all of the albums appear even although some on on the Artist icon and some on the disc icon on my B2 so l was panicking unnecessarily thinking l haven’t saved everything in case my B2 fails thank you Daniel for your advice on how albums are stored on the disc icon l use the back up command and Peter my hard drive seems fine but thank you for your advice.
Is it best to use the command back up or export? When saving to back up hard disc .
Best regards Andrew

Daniel Taylor

Mar 6, 2022, 2:49:18 PM3/6/22
to Brennan Forum
The Export command is preferred.  It maintains the same folder structure used on the B2 itself.

The Backup command is for those folks who have one of the older JB7 units and need to maintain backward compatibility.  If you don't have a JB7, then use the Export command.