cddb lookup

Bill Green

Sep 9, 2020, 11:35:06 AM9/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi all.

Just received my b2 today, unboxed and WIFI set up via enclosed dongle without any issues.
However whatever disc I load I just get stuck on ' waiting for cbbd'. I have a good speed broadband and the brennan is in the same room as my router. I have also  tried powering off and on again a few times.
I have tried the internal CD player and an external one
Am I doing anything wrong? Has anyone any suggestions?

Debbie Coleman

Sep 9, 2020, 11:49:42 AM9/9/20
to Brennan Forum
I am a newbie and I had this problem the CBBD doesnt exist anymore I had to update the software so the new database could be used.

Davywhizz

Sep 9, 2020, 11:51:50 AM9/9/20
to Brennan Forum
It probably  just needs an update. Brennan changed the source for album info not long ago. Look in the settings menu, which you may have used already. There is info on the questions page of the Brennan website - menu overview - web upgrade.
Along the way, check what the date of your software is - there's a guide in the web upgrade box on the menu overview.

Peter Lowham

Sep 9, 2020, 1:07:49 PM9/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bill,

You can check the version of software that your B2 is running.  Using the B2's remote contol, press the 'Info' button twice and you should see on the front panel 'Version B2.........'

You can upgrade to the latest version (B2B Jul 21 2020) through the front panel.

Go to 'Main menu' --> 'Settings' --> 'Web Upgrade'  and select this.  The update should download in a few seconds and the B2 will reboot.

Then have another go at ripping and see if the album data is coming through.

Regards,
Peter.

Bill Green

Sep 9, 2020, 4:21:54 PM9/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Thank you all. Yes it was a software update that was needed.

Much appreciated

Peter Lowham

Sep 9, 2020, 4:35:32 PM9/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bill,

Great, thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Sep 10, 2020, 3:28:14 AM9/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bill,

Glad to hear you have sorted the CDDB issue.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Dennis

Sep 11, 2020, 5:14:35 PM9/11/20
to Brennan Forum
>> You can upgrade to the latest version (B2B Jul 21 2020) through the front panel.

I have B2 Jul 21 2020, without the trailing B. Do I understand correctly that B2B only adds more Bluetooth functionality, and I that I would not benefit from installing it if I have no current interest in the Bluetooth features?

Daniel Taylor

Sep 11, 2020, 5:20:33 PM9/11/20
to Brennan Forum
On Friday, September 11, 2020 at 5:14:35 PM UTC-4, Dennis wrote:
>> You can upgrade to the latest version (B2B Jul 21 2020) through the front panel.

I have B2 Jul 21 2020, without the trailing B. Do I understand correctly that B2B only adds more Bluetooth functionality, and I that I would not benefit from installing it if I have no current interest in the Bluetooth features?

Yes.  B2B just adds expanded Bluetooth capability.