SSD on B2

Michael Young

Aug 20, 2019, 7:57:18 AM8/20/19
to Brennan Forum
Please confirm that all B2 480G versions now shipped are SSD.

Dennis Lefebvre

Aug 20, 2019, 1:41:08 PM8/20/19
to Brennan Forum
Brennan website says that only two models are equipped with SSD:

We are now selling two SSD (solid state disk) B2s - the 240G and the 480G. SSDs are a bit quicker and have no moving parts. SSD B2s are only available in Black.

This would indicate that the 2TB model still uses a conventional hard drive.

Mitch Russo

Aug 20, 2019, 5:31:32 PM8/20/19
to Brennan Forum
It seems that having an SSD in an audio player like the B2 has only one real advantage, reliability. Is there some other reason why anyone would want a more expensive drive replacing the traditional spinning disk?

Patrick

Aug 20, 2019, 6:17:42 PM8/20/19
to Brennan Forum
I won’t argue that SSDs aren’t more expensive than spinning disks. But the cost of 480gb SSDs is low enough that the difference isn’t all that significant in the cost a a $500 audio device. (IMHO).