Sound

Gingerp30

Sep 25, 2022, 12:39:07 PM9/25/22
to Brennan Forum
I've had a loved Brennan (from JB7 to B2) for a long time (since the ads in the NY Times magazine)  but I have never found the type of speakers that I wanted; the first ones were too big, then I got smaller ones but I still wanted more portability.

The only Bluetooth I could get to work (none of the weird cheapy brands would was a Bose Soundlink.  But the sound is inconsistent - either too loud or too soft and getting it paired can be a several attempt process if out of sync (bluetooth-wise).

Also the Volume control on the B2 doesn't work at all when it's attached to the Bose.and I don't know if that's the case with all bluetooth.   I don't think I had this when I used the wired speakers. (I can't recall)

I see  a SONOS built-in function and unfortunately the discussions about Sonos are not of the "this is the optimal portable speaker to us" and are mostly beyond my interest and/or pay grade (with all due respect)

The question: the inconsistent sound level  something to do with how I loaded the music originally - I never changed anything when I ripped CDs and of course have some tracks directly from MP3s - or how can I have consistent sound without having to increase or decrease volume on Bose.

Or, if I get a SONOS - again much of the types and configurations are ?? to me - but I can get the SONOS 1 (gen 2) and was hoping that might work better than my current speaker as it's recognized internally (so to speak).

Also, and for this I blame the network: I lose either wifi connection to the mac at random times and have to reconnect that...is that fixable in any way.

Thank you in advance if you can advise a member of the geezer population who loves having a small repository for a CD collection.

Patricia M

PMB

Sep 27, 2022, 4:38:19 AM9/27/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Patricia,

This Forum is closed now and we have moved to a new one at -   thebrennanforum.com   - please post your query there.

Paul
Brennan Support.