Switching from Android app to Web UI - Disconnect

sdd...@san.rr.com

Feb 24, 2021, 1:40:08 PM2/24/21
to Brennan Forum
I noticed the new Android app is missing some features like rename and delete so I used the Web UI button in the upper left corner to get to the browser interface that has those features.  Once I do that I constantly get this popup that says it's lost connection to the Brennan and do I want to "Retry" or "Rescan".  I hit retry and all seems alright for a moment and then the same popup happens.  It's like the Android app and the web UI are both competing for the same interface to the Brennan?  Anyone else seeing this?  When you select Web UI from the Android app should it disconnect from the Brennan before the Web UI connects?  Is there a setting in the Brennan I'm missing?

Doug

Message has been deleted

PMB

Feb 25, 2021, 3:13:19 AM2/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Doug,

The thinking behind the new app was for it to be a simplified, less cluttered way of finding and playing your music. So some functions have been left to the web UI.

I have noticed the occasional 'Disconnected' message but a 'Retry' normally gets the UI page again.

I will report this as a possible bug.

Paul
Brennan Support.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 6:55:43 PM UTC Daniel Taylor wrote:
My first thought is that the Brennan's IP address has changed since the last time you used the WebUI successfully.  The App finds the Brennan automatically.  If it was me, I'd exit the App altogether, open the WebUI manually in the browser, and enter the IP address that is displayed on the scrolling text on the B2.