Digitising My Old LPs

Russell...@hotmail.com

Apr 29, 2020, 5:01:24 AM4/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi All - I want to finally get around to digitising my 500 or so LPs & transfer to my B2 - preferably to WAV.  Having not used a USB turntable before I wonder if there is any of you who think there is a good model or option for purchase. It will be likely that the turntable will be used to do this once and not really used to play the LPs themselves, so I am happy to pay for a quality item but want to bear in mind it's only for digitising purposes so don't need to head into stratospheric cost.  Audio-Technica keeps coming up in reviews has anyone used this brand. I am thinking of using Audacity s/w to accomplish the task. Cheers Russ

Daniel Taylor

Apr 29, 2020, 8:48:30 AM4/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Audio-Technica has a good reputation.  If they have more than one unit that will accomplish the task, I'd probably not get the cheapest one.

Audacity is a great choice.

Russell...@hotmail.com

Apr 29, 2020, 9:05:55 AM4/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel - Thanks and I think Audio-Technica is the way I will go + looking at "What Hi-Fi" reviews I will base my model choice on a couple they have mentioned that seem just the ticket for my needs. Cheers Russ

John Lang Wilson

Apr 29, 2020, 12:55:16 PM4/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Audacity is a great choice, as with any software there is a learning curve. You could get to know it now using another music source.

Russell...@hotmail.com

Apr 29, 2020, 2:03:19 PM4/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi John -  Thank you - and that is exactly what I'm doing now - well learning Audacity and re-learning French on the laptop (I was hoping to be on holiday in Normandy right now - c'est la vie !!) Cheers Russ