BB1 - radio stream in mp3

Andras N

Aug 5, 2021, 5:56:01 AM8/5/21
to Brennan Forum
So I'm able to add my own streams now manually however there is a radio stream which is in .mp3 format rather than .pls

and this one only shows waiting for data and not getting played. Is there any way to overcome on this? I assume since it's in .mp3 format the device tries to download it first rather than stream it.

Thanks

PMB

Aug 5, 2021, 7:22:00 AM8/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andre,

I don't know if mp3 is the problem as I'm currently listening to Radio Caroline whose URL is 'http://sc6.radiocaroline.net:8040/mp3' although the URL you show is .mp3 rather than /mp3.

What is the name of the Station as 'diazol' appears to be an insecticide.......

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mark Fishman

Aug 5, 2021, 6:38:18 PM8/5/21
to Brennan Forum
According to the Icecast status page, there's an m3u and an xspf playlist file that point to the stream you have shown. Try adding .m3u to the end of the URL you already have, and see if it makes any difference.