I have a BB1 and I have activated NAS. All of the music that I have is on a USB hard drive. When I open the BB1 via NAS I am not able to see the music on the USB hard drive. Is there a way to

Dick Brown

Sep 27, 2021, 4:23:37 PM9/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Is there a way to access the usb hard drive?

Daniel Taylor

Sep 27, 2021, 4:44:05 PM9/27/21
to Brennan Forum
No, you can't do it via NAS.  The only share that's setup for NAS to see is the music folder on the internal SD card.

On the B2, you can see what's on the USB card via the WebUI.  I don't know if that's true for the BB1, but it'd be worth a try.

Daniel Taylor

Sep 27, 2021, 7:46:46 PM9/27/21
to Brennan Forum
I have received the following private message from rbrow... (that's all of your name that I can see):
"I can see the USB drive on the WebUI but there is music that isn't showing up on the WebUI and I'm having a hard time figuring out why"
Please post your messages in the forum so that others can contribute or benefit from the responses.

Perhaps not all the music is organized in the required structure of Artist\Album\tracks, and all residing at the same folder level, usually in the music folder.  Also, all the music track files must be in a format the BB1 can read:  WAV or FLAC or MP3, or AAC.  Brennan does not support any other formats, such as WMA.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2021, 8:21:17 PM9/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Also the USB hard drive must be in FAT32 format for the BB1 to use it. Warning reformatting the drive would erase its current contents!

F..

PMB

Sep 28, 2021, 3:06:47 AM9/28/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi rbrow...,

With the USB HDD connected to the BB1 and the web UI open, scroll down the list of Artists and you will come to some with yellow icons (rather than white). These are files on the USB drive and can be played via the web UI.

You can select USB - right hand tab at the top of the centre panel - to view the files on the USB Drive. You can upload them from there.

If they are not showing then it may be because the BB1 cannot supply enough power for the HDD. In this case you may have to fit a powered USB Hub between the BB1 and HDD - so the Hub powers the HDD.

If the music on the HDD is arranged by Artist then Album then Tracks, then you can use the 'Import USB A' option to load all to the BB1 - make sure the BB1 has sufficient memory capacity. See our 'Organising your music' page - link - on the website for more info.

Paul
Brennan Support.