B2b upgrade.

rbsar...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2021, 12:12:16 PM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi, just fitted the brennan supplied B2b card, and I have started having issues with freezing and stuttering. These issues are new to my B2, no issues before the upgrade.
I didn't need any of the new features, just thought I should keep up to date. My WiFi is not the best, around - 60 dbm, but seemed OK before.
I have checked the debug list and have messages about restarting pipe B, once per stutter it seems.
Cheers Rob.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2021, 12:20:24 PM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Since fitting the card, have you done a web upgrade?
If not do so.
Fred.

rbsar...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2021, 3:06:12 PM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Following your advice, removed WiFi adaptor using just ether net and powerline, B2 now working well, no stuttering etc. B2b upgrade seems successful, no need to go back to B2 card.
(This reply for benefit of the forum).
Many thanks Fred.

Cheers Rob

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2021, 3:47:04 PM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rob,

Great to hear you are now sorted.

Lesson here is that a Brennan B2 DOES NOT LIKE two concurrent Ethernet/WiFi connection options - In trying to keep both alive it becomes overwhelmed.

Fred
-----------------------------
For completeness this conversation went on via my private email.
Since fitting the card, have you done a web upgrade?
If not do so.
Fred.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Yes, first thing I did, seemed OK.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Then you may be able to go back in time, some folk here keep earlier versions of the OS, which one do you want ( look on the latest software list on the Brennan web site under questions section).
BUT BUT honestly your WiFi strength IS bad. Your B2 will perform much better if you address this, as this anyway.
Try moving the WiFi dongle to the other USB port, moving the B2 closer to the router, hardwiring the B2 or replacing the WiFi dongle for one with an antenna on the end of a USB extension cable.

Fred
Thanks for the reply. I assume my old SD Card will still have my old version of the software, can I just change the card, or is it not so simple?
My WiFi is not good I know, it is connected by ether net cable to a power line adaptor. The router is the other side of the house, stone built terrace, not so easy to improve.
Cheers Rob.
Hi Rob,
Yes you can just swap the old card back (assuming it was not swapped out because it had gone bad).
HOWEVER, If your B2 is connected by cable to a powerline adapter, then you MUST remove the WiFi adapter!
Do this and try it again before swapping the card.?
Fred