I put a cd in upside down....

lewis radin

Jan 10, 2022, 4:07:41 PM1/10/22
to Brennan Forum
and it won't eject.I tried putting it on the right side and turning it off and on while holding eject and using the advance setting and resting the CD.CD wold not reject.Any other ideas?
Lewis Radin

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 6:19:57 PM1/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lewis

Yep those pesky CD readers can have a hard bite!
There are other things to try
There is a "reset CD" function in the menus,  see below,that is wort a try - try it then press the eject button.
a.JPG

Power off the unit then power on while hold in in the "eject button" may work
Some people have found that attaching an external USB CD reader to the back then powering up sometimes ejects the disk
Alternatively there are some "under the hood"  Linux OS commands that may work - there are detailed in other Threads on this forum. You have to SSH into the B2.

Keep trying

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 6:29:20 PM1/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Sorry Lewis

Reading your question again I see you have tried the first 2 methods already
The last one requires you to install something like Putty on your PC
a.JPG
Then type in the IP for your Brennan - the login is IP= root, PW = brennan.
You will then be into the Brennan Linux OS
The B2 sees the CD as device sr0 .

The command to eject a CD from the drive is

eject /dev/sr0

Note  the space after the "eject"

Fred

Dirk Sostman

Jan 10, 2022, 6:36:55 PM1/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lewis

I had the same issue - on the second use the drive ate a disc. Fred has summarized very well the suggestions I accumulated from various folks.  Unfortunately none of them worked.

Ultimately I removed the CD drive in order to recover my beloved out of print disc.  It's not at all difficult and I sent Paul an illustrated step by step if you want to try it.  I'm waiting for Brennan to send me a new CD drive (my unit is on warranty).

Good luck

Dirk

PMB

Jan 11, 2022, 4:14:09 AM1/11/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dirk,

I am trying to get a pair of brackets so you can mount the UJ8A8 drive you have purchased.

Paul
Brennan Support.