How to get Brennan iPhone app to update IP address?

Bruce Hollihan

Jun 18, 2021, 7:22:38 PM6/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello: The old IP address for my Brennan B2 was 192.168.0.41, but now it is 192.168.0.9, and I can only control the Brennan through the webpage or manual controls.
I'm unable to control the Brennan through the app.
What did I do?

Daniel Taylor

Jun 18, 2021, 8:40:46 PM6/18/21
to Brennan Forum
You didn't do anything wrong that I can see.  Sometimes the app loses its appetite.  Uninstall the app, then reinstall it.  See if that helps.

For the future, you could consider changing a setting on your router to make the IP address it assigns to the B2 to be static (unchanging).  The way to do that will be specific to your router.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2021, 10:36:13 PM6/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes Holl.

You will have a far more pleasing experience if you ask your Router to always assign your B2 the SAME IP address number. Most routers have a means of "fixing" an IP address.

Fred

Mark Bernstein

Jun 20, 2021, 11:28:21 PM6/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Uninstalling & then re-installing the app works. Also, after you’ve scanned, found and chosen the new IP address, you may still experience problems because the app wants to go back to the prior IP address. When I had this problem, I turned off my device and when I restarted it, the App went to the new IP address.  Hope this helps.