Video Handling on BB1 Question

MRB

Jan 29, 2020, 5:48:53 PM1/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Greetings,

Thanks again to Martin & Co. for expanding the capabilities of the BB1!

I had already copied my mp4 and mov files to the BB1 in anticipation of this feature coming.  In order for the BB1 to recognize the existence of my videos, can I just move them to a particular location on the BB1? What is that location? and do I need to do some sort of indexing? I assume the BB1 handles videos using a folders?

Thanks again,
Mark

Daniel Taylor

Jan 29, 2020, 7:29:40 PM1/29/20
to Brennan Forum
The release notes say this:  "1) Import video files (mov and mp4) from USB on BB1 - through the Browse USB menu"
So give that a try with a test video, and then you can see where it ended up.  Once you've moved all your videos to the same place the BB1 would normally put them, be sure and run the Scan Disk command to update the unit's internal listing.

MRB

Jan 30, 2020, 6:51:36 AM1/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel,

I made the mistake of copying a folder and as of this morning haven't checked the results, don't see any feedback. Your advice is good and I intend to do just that.  Was hoping that I'd get the location info from Brennan support. I hope it support folder structures properly.

Thanks,
Mark

MRB

Jan 30, 2020, 4:33:27 PM1/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Well I used the Browse USB menu to copy a couple of small videos successfully and found the videos were copied to /media/sd3/videos/F0000.

Unfortunately, attempting to copy an entire folder failed, so I can't tell if there's any to have a file folder structure available...appears not.

For each video copied, 3 files resulted, the mp4 with no extension , a txt file, a jpg file in the F0000 folder

Copying files and or folders into F0000 directly from the USB drive and running a disk scan - using ssh does not work.

Hopefully the video handling will be built out more, and being able to display photos would be nice too.

It's great to see Martin expanding the products constantly...

-Mark