Afternoon all.Still can't import downloads from amazon.

Andy,aj.coo@hotmail.co.uk

Jun 24, 2021, 11:28:28 AM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Could you please tell me how to open itunes as donloads from this may work.Thanks

JFBUK

Jun 24, 2021, 12:18:47 PM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Andy,
Various people have tried to help you on here but you must explain in detail what it is you have already done an tried otherwise we are very much in the dark about what you are trying to achieve,
Please reply to this thread and don’t start a new one

Thanks

John

Andy,aj.coo@hotmail.co.uk

Jun 24, 2021, 12:49:42 PM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John(JFBUK),
                              I have tried to format my external disc drive as FAT32,,inserted this into b2, usb c power up,settings,maintenece,format usb c  after this I imported my downloaded music from amazon from my laptop,then put the usb drive back into usb c of b2,import from usb c,b2 then says importing and usb mounted .So I am following all of your instructions.Andy

Daniel Taylor

Jun 24, 2021, 1:10:41 PM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
I wonder if your music is arranged on the USB stick in a structure like this:  music\Artist\Album\tracks.

Rob Harriman

Jun 24, 2021, 1:32:07 PM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Andy,

I certainly strongly advise trying to confirm that the Amazon music is correctly formatted for the B2 on your usb stick, as per Daniel's message, before trying to download from Itunes.
I am puzzled about your reasoning behind your request to open Itunes. It won't help with your amazon music issues and it doesn't sound like you are using it anyway.
Also, if you subsequently want to download Apple Music / Itunes files to the B2, be aware that if you've purchased music from Itunes it will be 'protected' by Apple proprietary Digital Rights Management (DRM) software and would need to be converted to non-DRM audio files, such as mp3/flac/alac etc before they could be loaded onto the B2. That will need the purchase of an audio converter application such as Tuneskit.

Rob

JFBUK

Jun 24, 2021, 1:39:52 PM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andy,
When you look at your downloaded files on your laptop are the files in the format  ‘trackname’.mp3 ?
As Daniel posted , you must have the files in the correct folder structure for the B2 to be able to see them and import them correctly.

John

Mark Fishman

Jun 25, 2021, 3:43:15 PM6/25/21
to Brennan Forum
I'm looking at an album I downloaded from Amazon. The album is "The Seekers - Farewell (Live)", the artist is "The Seekers".
When I downloaded the album, Amazon provided a ZIP file that I named "AmazonMusic-TheSeekers-Farewell_MP3.zip" on my hard drive. (Amazon might have wanted to call it something less helpful, but the POINT is that it was a ZIP file.)

When I unzip this ZIP file -- Windows 10 will unzip these, you don't need any extra software -- I get a directory on my hard drive that is named "The Seekers". That directory contains a directory named "The Seekers - Farewell (Live)". THAT directory contains 22 mp3 files, numbered 01 through 22, with the names of the songs.

To import this downloaded album to my B2, I must retain the "Artist\Album\tracks" directory structure on my USB stick. In other words, on the USB stick, I need a directory named "The Seekers", containing a directory named "The Seekers - Farewell (Live)", containing the tracks.

Daniel suggested having a top level directory named "music" ABOVE the artist directory; that won't hurt. Some people have found it necessary.

If your USB stick is organized ANY OTHER WAY it can cause problems with the import.

Daniel Taylor

Jun 25, 2021, 4:04:11 PM6/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Some people have said that the music folder is necessary.  I don't think it is, but as Mark says, it won't hurt.
Some people have said that the b2Export folder is necessary.  It is not, but it won't hurt either.  It's just created by the Export command.
The B2 is said to be able to find the music tracks seven levels deep.  Any deeper than that and it gives up trying.
When it finds the music track files, the folder they're found in is taken to be the Album name.  And the folder above that is then the Artist folder.

So if you bury your music files seven levels deep, something like this:
Highest Folder [1]
   Second Level [2]
      Third Level [3]
         Fourth Level [4]
            Fifth Level [5]
               I'll call this the Artist [6]
                  Then this will be the Album [7]
                     Track 01
                     Track 02
                     . . .
                     Track 99

The B2 will copy the music into an Artist folder named "I'll call this the Artist [6]" - it doesn't care what you call the artist.
And that will contain the Album folder named "Then this will be the Album [7]"- it doesn't care what you call the album.