Orbi

Dick Ellis

Jan 5, 2022, 5:20:04 PM1/5/22
to Brennan Forum
I used B2 WiFi successfully with my Orbi main unit before I sent the B2 out for repair. It seems it can be done. Sorry I can't say more than that.

Dick

Mike W

Jan 6, 2022, 11:37:19 AM1/6/22
to Brennan Forum
One thing that I've found extremely useful is an android app called Wifi Analyser.
This has enabled me to look at wireless networks around me, both 2.5 and 5ghz, and to try and ensure that the channels that I'm using are separated from surrounding networks. It's also useful for spotting networks that have similar ssid's that may cause confusion when you're trying to connect devices such as a B2.
I've not checked but I'm sure that similar apps are available from the app store.

Mike

Tom Piette

Jan 6, 2022, 12:55:04 PM1/6/22
to Brennan Forum
I use that particular app too. I believe it to be the best choice. I too have a mesh network and the app allows me to review all networks using the wifi spectrum and makes recommendations on frequency use for best performance.