B2 updating software problem

Nick Moore

Sep 8, 2021, 4:09:19 PM9/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello
I downloaded the app but found that there was no information showing about the songs I was playing. I also could not add album covers to my collection. My first thought was to update the software. I did this wirelessly - there was a connection and it said 'Loading'. At the end I checked the version using info and it read Dec 4 2017 14.28.08
This does not look as though the most recent software has been downloaded. Can you help?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2021, 8:08:07 PM9/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nick,
I think that your software version is now too old/out of date to upgrade online. You will need to do one of
A) reflash the SD card with the latest software
B) upgrade the SD card manually via USB
C) get  new card from Brennan shop on the web.

PMB

Sep 9, 2021, 3:58:11 AM9/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi nickmoo...,

As Fred says the software is too old to update via Web Upgrade and requires either a new programmed SD Card (available from our online shop) or for the card to be re-flashed.

I assume the SD Card, which holds the operating software, is the 'external' type that protrudes from a slot on the RHS of the unit. If you cannot see the card, as described, then it will be an 'internal' micro SD. You need to state the type when ordering.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Nick Moore

Sep 9, 2021, 4:08:34 PM9/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for this - I'll get a new card

fred.w....@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2021, 4:47:32 PM9/9/21
to Brennan Forum
When you do you will see that the B2 now does a lot more than in 2017 😁