Sonos Boost

g.mor...@btinternet.com

Oct 4, 2020, 9:05:44 AM10/4/20
to Brennan Forum
I am thinking of buying a Brennan b2 and also a Sonos system. My question is, should I buy a Sonos Boost and Sonos 1 speakers or just the speakers. Which option work best with the Brennan B2

PMB

Oct 6, 2020, 4:50:31 AM10/6/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi GM,

I'm not an expert on Sonos but do know the B2 can be used with the Sonos system in two ways -

1.  The B2 is setup as a NAS Drive so the Sonos speakers can access and play the music stored on the B2, via the Sonos 'app'. In this configuration the Sonos 'app' is in control of what's played - the controls on the B2 and web UI are not used (and have no effect on what's played).

2.  The Sonos Link has a 'Line In' that can be connected to B2 (Line Out) and transmits the sound to other Sonos speakers - you'll need to confirm this with your Sonos dealer. In this configuration the controls on the B2's and the web UI can still be used to search and select music to play.

Paul
Brennan Support.