Youtube

Bob Fishleigh

Apr 12, 2021, 3:19:23 PM4/12/21
to Brennan Forum
I looked up an album on YouTube music and played it on my iPad. I then searched for it on the B2B Web UI under the YouTube search, and it was not found. Is the YouTube search only looking at YouTube and not, as I’d hoped, on YouTube music. If so, why?
Secondly, does anyone know why the YouTube facility only plays the first track when downloading?
‘Tis frustrating, my lovely.

PMB

Apr 13, 2021, 4:01:20 AM4/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bobfis...,

It appears you have to install 'YouTube music' so the B2 will not support it.

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Apr 13, 2021, 4:02:06 AM4/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bobfis,

Also meant to add - I'll investigate the 1st Track issue.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Bob Fishleigh

Apr 13, 2021, 6:30:39 PM4/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul.
I put YouTube music app on my PC but it made no real difference. Web UI still cannot find the album on YouTube. (Or even YouTube music for that matter).
Do this experiment, if you would. I want to get an album by Fleetwood Mac called Time. It does exist. It has 13 tracks on it and was published in 1995. I can find it on Spotify, on Amazon music prime, and on YouTube (on my iPad). See if you can get it on the B2B Web UI under the YouTube search facility. The best I can get after a lot of searching is 8 individual tracks. No Album at all
I put those 8 tracks into a playlist, but I would prefer to have the album complete.
Any clues as to what else I might try would be appreciated. I tried a cut and paste of the YouTube album code but that didn’t work either.
Do I need to be a YouTube premium member or something?
It all seems very strange to me.
Cheers.
Bob.

PMB

Apr 14, 2021, 3:46:23 AM4/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bob,

As you say the B2 will not find 'Time' on YouTube - strange one!

Paul
Brennan Support.