No disk lookup

Alexander de Bordes

Mar 22, 2022, 7:29:43 PM3/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Have ripped over 800 CD's. Now not able to rip.  The CD "loads" (have used internal and external CD player, but DB lookup no longer displays.  Have put on Standby and Save a few times.  Have reset CD in Maintenance as well as Sorting and...   and Compressing Help !

Daniel Taylor

Mar 22, 2022, 7:41:33 PM3/22/22
to Brennan Forum
I think the first question is what version of software are you running?  You can get that in the WebUI by clicking the cog/gear at the top and then it will appear in the window that opens up.  Or you can get it on the front panel display by pressing the Info button on the remote (twice, I think).

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2022, 9:38:41 PM3/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Can you also check that your B2 has a good internet connection - play some internet radio on it to test this.

Fred

PMB

Mar 23, 2022, 4:42:13 AM3/23/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alexander,

Is your B2 full - press INFO on the remote or click the COG wheel on the UI and check the 'Used:' figure?

Is the B2 still connected to WiFi (displaying the IP Address) and the internet (showing the clock)?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Alexander de Bordes

Mar 23, 2022, 1:29:20 PM3/23/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks ALL for your answer.  My disk is less than 1/4 full, Paul.  My internet connection is there and as "strong" as it's always been -65db?  What has changed is that no db outside of the internet is taking place either.  The machine goes straight from "Loading CD" to its Standby state.
With my other Brennan, even though not connected to the Web (in another location w/no internet), at least the db is consulted resulting with quite a few hits of titles even without the internet.
I have upgraded the Web UI and am backing up now for good measure.
My guess is that it has to be a BrennanB2 issue.

Thanks in advance !

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2022, 1:40:14 PM3/23/22
to Brennan Forum
1st -65db is not good !

Please also confirm that you can play the radio using the B2.

We would also like to know the version of the Brennan Software that is on your machine.

Fred.

Daniel Taylor

Mar 23, 2022, 2:12:58 PM3/23/22
to Brennan Forum
With my original question about the version, I shouls have said that the database used by earlier versions has been discontinued.  So if your software is earlier than 12 Feb 2020, then you need to upgrade to the current version.

PMB

Mar 24, 2022, 4:18:10 AM3/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alexander,

Try loading the 'old' database using 'Get mydb' from the Maintenance menu.

You do need to improve the WiFi signal - it needs to be around -50dBm for a reliable connection. You can try -

Repositioning the B2 or router.
Moving the WiFi dongle to USB C - power off first
Fit the dongle onto a short USB extension cable and reposition it

Fit an Ethernet cable for direct connection to your router.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Alexander de Bordes

Mar 25, 2022, 7:53:53 PM3/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Thank you Paul.  In response to your questions

I am far from full (800 albums on 2TB disk)
My software is up to date (Software Version B2B Mar 10 2022 10:05:42)
Still connected to WiFi

Alexander de Bordes

Mar 25, 2022, 7:54:36 PM3/25/22
to Brennan Forum
My version is up to date:  Software Version B2B Mar 10 2022 10:05:42

Alexander de Bordes

Mar 25, 2022, 7:56:15 PM3/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Working on better reception, but was not an issue ripping 800 cd's 'til now
Software is up to date (Software Version B2B Mar 10 2022 10:05:42)

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2022, 8:15:03 PM3/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Reception can degrade for a number reasons such as a new fridge🙂 or a neighbour getting a new router that clashes with yours
Have there been any new appliences or moved appliences in your house recently?
Fred

PMB

Mar 28, 2022, 3:16:09 AM3/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alexander,

Practical experience has shown that the signal strength needs to be around the -50dBm mark for reliable WiFi operation.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Alexander de Bordes

Mar 28, 2022, 6:26:58 PM3/28/22
to Brennan Forum
No new appliances, let alone "smart" ones.  Thank you Fred

Alexander de Bordes

Mar 28, 2022, 7:36:41 PM3/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Thank you for your help. I am running the last software, dated of March of this year.

Alexander de Bordes

Mar 28, 2022, 7:40:52 PM3/28/22
to Brennan Forum
I have my Internet strength at somewhere from -48dBm to -51dBm and switched the SSD card from one B2 to another, rebooted CD and reset WiFi but still no luck.  Still going from Loading CD to Standy without Disklookup.

Alexander de Bordes

Mar 28, 2022, 7:41:39 PM3/28/22
to Brennan Forum
I can play the radio, thank you.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2022, 7:49:18 PM3/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Ok you are on the latest software,
Try running from the front panel
Main menu - USB - Load Database

Fred

PMB

Mar 29, 2022, 4:31:36 AM3/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alexander,

Try switching the WiFi dongles.

Do you have an external USB CD Drive you could try?

Paul
Brennan Support.