newbie question

Mikki Mason

Oct 8, 2021, 9:33:23 AM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum
so how do i connect my spotify to my b2
cannot find libresoft in settings
so how do i do this
answers on a postcard to
meeeee

JFBUK

Oct 8, 2021, 9:39:31 AM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

You need to install the Librespot software.

From the B2 Menu :

Settings->Maintenance->Advanced->Get Librespot

The Brennan will reboot with Librespot running in the background

You still control Spotify from your phone/tablet/computer but the playback is via your B2 using what Spotify terms Spotify Connect

It is the Librespot software on the B2 that enables another device to see the B2 as a ‘Spotify Connect’ playback device.
The current Librespot implementation only supports Spotify premium accounts.

Jeff. M.

Oct 8, 2021, 9:41:57 AM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum

You need B2B version software on the B2 in order to load Libresoft, which is required for Spotify. You can check your B2 version by pressing INFO on the remote twice - the B2 will display either B2 xxxx or B2B xxxx (where xxxx is the date). If you don't have B2B xxxx you'll need to replace the SD Card or reprogram it.

Let us know which software version you have and we will advise from there. Just found this in archive, looks like you need b2b software!

JFBUK

Oct 8, 2021, 10:01:37 AM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff,

its possible that it you can do it with the latest B2 software as well.

The Sept 20th B2 release is supposed to contain all the enhancements that were previously only in the B2B release.

b2enhance.JPG

John

Jeff. M.

Oct 8, 2021, 10:14:17 AM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Mikki replied to my email.
sep20 2021 just says b2 so i guess ive gotta update that version first?
any clues,ideas how please
cheers peeps
Mikki, try what John says, you have got premium Spotify have you?

Peter Lowham

Oct 8, 2021, 11:00:29 AM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mikki,

Yes, it seems that you are on 'B2 Sep 20 2021' which is a release of B2 version.

So, to get connected to Spotify, you will need to move onto the 'B2B' version.

Two ways to do thos are (1) purchase a new (micro)SD card from the Brennan Webstore, cost £10 inc postage, and will be preprogrammed with 'B2B' software.

or (2) download the B2B software and a program called 'balenaEtcher'  from the Brennan Website (both free downloads), then follow the instructions on the link below to re-flash your existing (micro)SD card with the B2B sofware.  You will find the downloads and instructions on this link.

Scroll down to the article 'New SD Card' for all of the information and downloads.

Regards,
Peter.

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 11:48:49 AM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Question. Maybe Paul can answer. Are the new B2s not being sold with the B2B software?

Mikki Mason

Oct 8, 2021, 12:01:30 PM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum
cheers guys

PMB

Oct 11, 2021, 4:16:05 AM10/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lesliebr...,

We have been shipping B2B software for some time now (2019 or earlier) and all units are shipped with that version.

Hi Mikki,

To confirm, you do need B2B version software for Librespot/Spotify.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mikki Mason

Oct 11, 2021, 10:03:00 PM10/11/21
to Brennan Forum
i only recently purchased my b2 from audiotech secondhand so guess im gonna have to do it myself

PMB

Oct 12, 2021, 4:15:31 AM10/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mason,

Please email me on -    theberennanb2   @   gmail   .   com   - requesting a new SD Card.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Oct 12, 2021, 4:44:12 AM10/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

In answer to Leslie's question above with regard to B2 software being on a recent unit, that explains why.  Mason's B2 is a refurbished unit.

Regards,
Peter.

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2021, 5:46:25 AM10/12/21
to Brennan Forum
That explains it Peter & Paul. Was just curious as the question was from a "B2 newbie". Didn't think about a possible refurbished unit. Cheers.

Daniel Taylor

Oct 12, 2021, 6:54:52 AM10/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Don't you think that upgrading to B2B software should be part of the refurbishment?  Of course, depending on when the refurbishing was done.

PMB

Oct 13, 2021, 4:03:31 AM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel,

I asked that question and was told that all refurb's are updated to the latest software. So can only guess that Mason's one slipped through the net. I am arranging for a new SD Card to be sent to him.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mikki Mason

Oct 13, 2021, 10:02:38 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
thank you all for your help

PMB

Oct 14, 2021, 6:22:51 AM10/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mason,

AudioTech should be sending you a new SD Card. Have a look at our Techy Stuff page - link - for accessing and fitting the new card

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mikki Mason

Oct 17, 2021, 3:42:54 PM10/17/21
to Brennan Forum
thank you paul, will they be getting in touch or are they just gonna send it to my home address
thanks in advance
mikki

PMB

Oct 18, 2021, 8:16:27 AM10/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mikki,

I am expecting them to just send it to your home address. Has it arrived yet - if not I'll give them a nudge.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mikki Mason

Oct 18, 2021, 5:18:51 PM10/18/21
to Brennan Forum
nope not yet paul but its only been a couple o days so will hang on till thurs then get get back in touch wi ye if thats ok

Mikki Mason

Oct 21, 2021, 11:44:35 AM10/21/21
to Brennan Forum
hiya paul no sign of that sd card yet bud
mikki

PMB

Oct 22, 2021, 3:46:24 AM10/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mikki,

OK, please email me on -   thebrennanb2   @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces, with an address for delivery and I will organise an SD Card for you.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mikki Mason

Dec 3, 2021, 2:43:14 PM12/3/21
to Brennan Forum
ok got my b2 back from audiotech and all working , with b2b software installed
ive installed libresoft but now what tried on pc and phone no spotty

JFBUK

Dec 3, 2021, 3:03:01 PM12/3/21
to Brennan Forum

Hi ,

when you run the Spotify app are you selecting your B2 as the speaker from the list  available ?
John

Mikki Mason

Dec 3, 2021, 3:20:27 PM12/3/21
to Brennan Forum
no john it didnt come up, but i think its got its error back scanning
disk and flashing

Mikki Mason

Dec 4, 2021, 3:22:05 AM12/4/21
to Brennan Forum
left it to do its thing last night night and i`m back to square one , flashing time (which is correct) and scanning disk xxxx , its been stuck on this all night
theres about 150gb of music on there, but its the 2tb so got loads left, so may have to get in touch with audiotech again

PMB

Dec 6, 2021, 7:53:03 AM12/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mason,

The time display should not flash and indicates a problem with the B2. So back to AudioTech I think.

Paul
Brennan Support.