Music shuffling

Shawn Rosvold

Apr 2, 2021, 8:29:02 AM4/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi. I'm Shawn Rosvold, a newbie, and a very happy newbie at that! I have an issue. When I play an album on the B2, the songs don't play in the order that they appear on the album. For example, on one album it played #1, then # 7, then #10. It always starts with cut #1 but then randomizes the rest. I have tried clicking on the shuffle button, but it does the same thing whether it's grayed out or bright white. By the way, I am assuming that when the shuffle button is grayed out, it is off. Is that correct? Thanks in advance for your insights!

JFBUK

Apr 2, 2021, 9:34:23 AM4/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Shawn,

some questions

Did you rip the albums to the B2 HDD using the B2 CD player ?
Are you using the Web UI or the phone app to play the album ?
When you look at the album details in the Web UI are the tracks listed in the order you expect ?

John

Daniel Taylor

Apr 2, 2021, 9:34:32 AM4/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Was that album ripped on the B2?  Or did you rip it on your computer and then Import it to the B2?  I ask because when ripped on the B2, the track numbers are added automatically.  But if ripped on the computer, unless you have the settings right for your ripping program, the track numbers may not be added.

When you view the track list for the album playing on the WebUI in the lower right corner, are the tracks listed in the proper order?

You're correct about the shuffle button:  gray=Off.

PMB

Apr 5, 2021, 4:53:08 AM4/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Shawn,

If the album was imported from another source (not ripped on the B2) you may have to edit the Tracks to add numbers to make the B2 play them in the expected order - like this 01, 02, 03, etc.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Shawn Rosvold

Apr 5, 2021, 9:52:10 AM4/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Thank you all for your responses!

After this happened, I did a software update and turned the B2 off. When I powered up the next day, everything was working as it should. So, I can only attribute it to some sort of weird glitch, presumably cured by the update.

Thanks!

Shawn Rosvold

Apr 5, 2021, 9:53:49 AM4/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Oh, to answer your questions, I have a portable LG CD player attached to the B2 for ripping connected by a USB.

PMB

Apr 6, 2021, 4:55:32 AM4/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi sros...,

Glad to hear the B2 is working as expected now. Thanks for letting us know.

Paul
Brennan Support.