Number of Albums in a Category

Brian Ward

Nov 18, 2020, 3:16:43 AM11/18/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi All

Is there a limit to the number of albums you can place in the artist category - for instance I have a large number of Various Artist albums that I have placed in a Various Artists - Pop heading

Cheers
Brian

Davywhizz

Nov 18, 2020, 9:28:03 AM11/18/20
to Brennan Forum
I don't know if there's a limit, but whatever it is might make finding what you want difficult. My wife had a huge number of compilation CDs, including some quite large sets, when we merged our CD collections.  When I came  to rip them to the B2 I set up a load of "Various" folders with sub-titles based on sets, such as "Various - Brit Awards" as well as more obvious genre sub-sets like "Various- Classical Guitar" and others  like Christmas and film/TV themes. It certainly makes things easier to search.

PMB

Nov 19, 2020, 2:55:35 AM11/19/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Brian W,

I don't the answer to that one but suspect it comes under the maximum number of Albums figure (15k from memory). Have you had a problem or was it just a general enquiry?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Brian Ward

Nov 19, 2020, 2:56:41 AM11/19/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Davy and likewise I have around 20 or more Various Artist sections which does make it easier.

Brian Ward

Nov 19, 2020, 2:59:18 AM11/19/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul

It was a general inquiry in advance of potentially overloading one Various Artist section that I have set up. For instance I have a lot of "Pop" various Artist albums and have collected them together under one section. If there was a limit I would need to split them further. I am around 3282 discs ripped so far which is well inside the limits

Brian W