Hi everyone.....wonder if someone can help me out here....I have a JB7 with a large amount of music downloaded on it. I am now debating buying the new model. My question is this - is it possible to transfer the music from one unit to the other?

Graham Davies

Aug 11, 2021, 11:52:21 AM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Also, I lost my power cable for my JB7 in a house move - any ideas where I can get a replacement that won't cost me £45?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Graham

fred.w....@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2021, 1:49:09 PM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Graham.

The current Brennan B2 device has a specific function ("Restore USB C") in its menu system which will restore a backup of the music content made on/by a JB7.
Cant help you with the cable though.

Fred.

Peter Lowham

Aug 11, 2021, 2:08:59 PM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Graham,

The transfer of your music from the JB7 to a B2 (or BB1) is very straight-forward.  The main issue is that the JB7 is very slow on the 'Backup music' function.  The B2 will restore your music collection about 40 times faster than the JB7 backup runs at.  If you post here the details of the size of your JB7 collection, I can give you an estimate of the timings.

Here is the process.

1.  Plug a USB HDD or memory stick formatted to 'FAT32' into the JB7 USB port.
2.  On the JB7 select the function 'Backup music' function (to copy the JB7 music to the USB device).
3.  When 'Backup music' is complete transfer the USB device to the B2 USB C port.
4.  On the B2, select 'USB Functions' --> 'JB7 Functions' --> 'Restore USB C'. (this copies the music from the USB device to the B2)
5.  When the restore is complete then you are ready to play!

Regards,
Peter.

JFBUK

Aug 11, 2021, 2:12:06 PM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum

Hi Graham,

The Brennan website lists this as a compatible power supply albeit with shorter leads

John

Peter Lowham

Aug 11, 2021, 2:38:25 PM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Graham,

The power supply for the B2 is the same as the JB7 one.  I've just tested it here at home and the B2 power supply works fine on the JB7.  So you could use the B2 unit on your JB7.

Regards,
Peter.