Beginner's question about uploads

William Ellison

Dec 9, 2021, 5:03:09 PM12/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Forum,

I'm just getting back into ripping CDs after being supplied with a replacement B2 (the previous one had a problematic CD drive).

I have restored to the new unit the backup files that I downloaded from the previous unit. Because I thought that I had interrupted the restore process I repeated it, expecting that any duplicates would be ignored. ("Import is incremental so it only copies music not already on the B2 hard disk.") But the WebUI is now showing the whole lot as apparently being duplicated, though the duplicates are displayed differently - instead of white artist icons they are showing orange, the three-dot menu on the right of the display is absent, and the A>Z sort button ignores the duplicates.

I would appreciate it if someone could kindly comment on what I have done, and what the WebUI display is actually telling me,. Also, what do I now need to do to?

Thanks, Bill.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 9, 2021, 5:22:52 PM12/9/21
to Brennan Forum
That's normal: When you have a USB disk plugged into the USB port, the B2 displays the contents of the USB disk following the contents of the internal HDD (or SSD).  This is so that you can play songs from a USB disk if you want to.  But in this particular case, it's redundant.  Power down and remove the USB stick.  Power back up, and those orange icon listings will be gone.

William Ellison

Dec 9, 2021, 8:54:08 PM12/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel. all explained.

PMB

Dec 10, 2021, 3:57:17 AM12/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bill,

'Export' is incremental but currently 'Import' loads everything again (is not incremental).

Paul
Brennan Support.