Menu Improvement Suggestion

keithG

May 21, 2021, 1:38:25 PM5/21/21
to Brennan Forum

Suggest relocation of the selection of Maintenance Menu to the last item in Settings menu thus requiring one anti-clockwise click for the next menu. This would mirror the actions required for USB and Maintenance menu’s to select Jb7 and Advanced menus respectively.

 I updated from Nov.2018 software today, hence still exploring the extended menu, but this was my first reaction to provide consistency/ease of use.

Regards

Keith G

PMB

May 24, 2021, 3:05:08 AM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Keith.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Rik

May 24, 2021, 3:11:37 AM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Paul, it could also do without the message, ‘You should not need this’ because things under it are needed in the ordinary way. . As a slightly nervous computer user it always makes me uneasy.

PMB

May 24, 2021, 3:38:25 AM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rik,

I'll get it changed - I think that was left over from the early days....

Paul
Brennan Support.

keithG

May 26, 2021, 1:00:19 PM5/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul

It would remove a few scares too, if the message provided when ‘Delete Music’ is selected was made mode specific. In ‘Use SD’ mode it still warns that ‘all music on the HDD will be erased’. Fortunately it does only wipe the SD music, but I do a double take every time.

Regards

Keith G