Can I dissable the Speaker output?

Colin McCubbin

Sep 3, 2021, 10:19:03 AM9/3/21
to Brennan Forum
I had a Quad VENA, and I never used as a power amp, I just ran from the pre-outs to a separate power amp, Quad assured me it wouldn't be a problem, but the amp died and I was quoted such a stupid price for repair I binned it. (I think the live speaker outlets were not happy with no load attached).
My question is if I am not using the power amp/speakers of the B2 can I turn them off or even better remove the power amp section?

Thanks.

Daniel Taylor

Sep 3, 2021, 10:32:37 AM9/3/21
to Brennan Forum
You don't need to connect speakers to the B2.  Many of use run it that way.  We use either the optical digital output, or the analog output, or Bluetooth.  Alternatively, you can have speakers wired, but with Jack Sense set to ON, when you plug anything into the Line Output, it will turn off the speakers.

PMB

Sep 6, 2021, 4:16:34 AM9/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Colin,

The B2's amplifier is OK with not having any speakers connected and as Daniel says, Jack Sense can be set to ON which disables the amplifier section when a plug is inserted into Line Out.

Paul
Brennan Support.