Export/back up problems

John Parkinson

Nov 6, 2020, 8:02:58 AM11/6/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi,
I have been using a Brennan B2 since May 2020 and for the first time I'm trying to export/back up  my music to an external hard drive. The hard drive is brand new and has a 2TB capacity. I formatted it as per the instructions on the Brennan website 'How to back up and restore'.
The problem I am having is, the export/back up is not copying all of my music onto the hard drive. I have tried three times and have used both USB C and A inputs. This is the info I see on the 'settings and status' window on my computer.

Software Version B2B Jun 2 2020 08:09:05

16365 tracks in 1155 albums 563 artists

12356 WAV 4009 FLAC 0 MP3 0 AAC

Capacity 2000.00G Used 69.48Gb

USB 0 tracks in 0 albums 0 artists

0 Youtube

If anyone can help with this I would be very grateful.

Thanks, John

Daniel Taylor

Nov 6, 2020, 8:57:14 AM11/6/20
to Brennan Forum
There was a problem with Exporting that was uncovered and fixed recently.  If you will update your software, that should take care of it.

Peter Lowham

Nov 6, 2020, 9:38:04 AM11/6/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

As Daniel states here the was a problem in both 'Export' and 'Import' functions which was fixed in software versions from 'B2B Jun 29 2020' and onwards.  The symptom was that the 'Export' would run for about 4.5 hours and then either stop or crash.  A 'Web Upgrade' will fix those issues.

I have plugged your stats into my 'Brennan Estimator' spreadsheet which has given the following details.

1.  Estimated size of Export: Approx 600GB (your figure is 69.48GB; hopefully this is a typo?)
2.  Estimated time to Export: Approx 22.45 hours
3.  Total number of files in Export: 1,718

The estimates (items 1 & 2) are useful to provide you with a reasonable idea that your Export is running to completion, but are just estimates.

The 'total number of files in Export' (item 3) should be equal to or very close to this figure.  If your total is not close to this figure, and is smaller, then your Export has not picked up all of the B2's music folders and files.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Nov 9, 2020, 4:04:26 AM11/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

Have you managed to run a complete Export yet?

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Nov 9, 2020, 6:22:36 AM11/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

John P emailed to say that a software upgrade fixed his Export issue.

Paul
Brennan Support.

crap...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2020, 6:51:51 AM11/20/20
to Brennan Forum
On the subject of external drives. For my JB7 I have always used "Seagate Expansion Portable External Hard Drive" and never had any problems. I just bought a new one from Amazon (UK) for my B2. Interestingly, the the 500GB one is £52 and the 1TB one is £41!

Might help someone out there...