discid and toc

John Bisset

Jan 23, 2021, 12:08:26 PM1/23/21
to Brennan Forum
After copying a downloaded cd using NAS and  scanning I checked the folder on Windows 10 to make sure that the jpg was the correct size (500 x 500). I noticed no discid or TOC. GUI sees the disk fine and plays without problems. I've looked at several recent cd's and notice some don't have discid's or toc's. All my earlier discs do so my question is : is this because of a software change or is something wrong?
Message has been deleted

Mark Fishman

Jan 23, 2021, 4:05:57 PM1/23/21
to Brennan Forum
The B2 creates the discid and toc files when it rips a CD. The toc [Table of Contents] is, I think, a list of track start positions, and the discid is the calculated value that is used to look up the dic in the online databases. Most ripping software doesn't write this info to disc; it's not needed after the disc has been ripped. If you've ripped most of your earlier CDs on the B2, and started downloading some of them recently, that would account for the difference.

Don't worry about it.

PMB

Jan 24, 2021, 8:41:21 AM1/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi sloopjo,

TOC (Table of contents) is used by conventional CD players to locate and play the tracks. This isn't used by the B2, it is ignored and can be deleted.

Paul
Brennan Support.