Standby Mode

Jon Sharp

Oct 28, 2020, 6:48:27 AM10/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys
I'm new to the B2 and just wondering if you guys are leaving your B2 in standby mode or powering off? Are there any benifits or problems with either option?

Tony Atkins

Oct 28, 2020, 8:17:07 AM10/28/20
to Brennan Forum
I have had my B2 since shortly after it’s introduction. I have very seldom powered off and have had no problems

Tony

PMB

Oct 29, 2020, 4:52:47 AM10/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jon,

And I power my B2 on and off each time I use it (most days as part of my support role) and have had no problems either in nearly 5 years. I do usually do the 'Saving' routine (with the clock displayed, press and hold the Play/Stop button) before powering off but if the B2 is already in standby I just power off.

If you decide to leave the B2 powered it is a good idea to set 'Screensaver' - Maintenance menu (setting 16 switches off the display in standby) to prolong the life of the display (OLEDs - organic LED displays - have a limited life if run at full brightness).

Paul
Brennan Support.