WIFI set up problems B1 continue

Ralph Pettingill

Jan 1, 2022, 11:44:19 AM1/1/22
to Brennan Forum
When I try to set up wifi I get this IP address on screen 10.0.0.1

I Googled this and I'm told it's a private address for router companies? Help! what should I do?

Peter Lowham

Jan 1, 2022, 1:09:06 PM1/1/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ralph,

I think that your BB1 is operating in 'Hotstop' mode and this is preventing the browser from connecting to the BB1.  If you follow the instructions below then your BB1 will become visible to the computer's browser.

When you power up the BB1 and get to the main clock display then try the following:

1.  Press the knob down once to get to the 'Main Menu'
2.  Rotate the knob until the 'Settings & Tools' option is highlighted.  The option is off the bottom of the screen so rotate the knob about 6 'clicks clockwise and you will see it.
3.  Press the knob once; this will take you into 'Settings & Tools' sub menu.
4.  The second option should say 'Hotspot On' ; if it says 'Hotspot Off' then highlight this option and press the knob once.  It should show 'Switching' then 'Done' and then go back to the clock.
5.  In the 'Settings & Tools' menu, rotate the knob until the 'Stats' option is highlighted.
6.  Press the knob down to select 'Stats'
7.  In the 'Stats' menu, the third line should read 'Version BB1 ..............). If you take a note of this and post it here that would be useful.
8.  In the 'Stats' menu, the second line should say something like 'Wifi address 192.168.1.69'.  Your address will be slightly different (the one shown here is my BB1).
9.  Type the address shown in your BB1 display into your web browser and the BB1 WebUI should present itself.
10.  All being well, that should get you going.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Peter.

Peter Lowham

Jan 10, 2022, 5:15:38 PM1/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I received this PM from Ralph, so I have reposted his response below.

Thanks Peter, that was helpful- it was the Hotspot on/off message that had caught me out!
Cheers
Ralph

PMB

Jan 11, 2022, 4:10:54 AM1/11/22