Getting image

paulsa...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2022, 7:07:00 AM3/15/22
to Brennan Forum
I've been archiving all my 600+ master recordings of the last 44 years  from my various record labels. I have an archive of all the cover images. Is there a way of uploading them as only a few of them are on Amazon or the other source. It seems a bit limiting not to be able to upload you own image file.....or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Daniel Taylor

Mar 15, 2022, 7:26:30 AM3/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes, you can certainly load your own images onto the B2.  I do it by copying the jpg file into the album folder before using the Import command to load albums via tha USB port.  I think there has to be at least one music file in the folder - the B2 won't take the art file all by itself.  (I'm a little foggy on that point.)

Another way is to access your B2 as NAS, and copy the picture files directly onto the B2 HDD into the album folders.  There's also a way to upload art via the WebUI - which I've not done, but someone will explain shortly.

It has been recommended that the artwork file be named coverart.jpg.  But other first names work as well.  Also, I believe you can use PNG files too, although I've not done it, so I cannot verify.

RandyT

Mar 15, 2022, 8:38:03 AM3/15/22
to Brennan Forum
I'm likely the LAST person that should be posting this but I stumbled across a very easy way to add artwork.... at least for me. I'm working off a Mac computer so it may be different for others.
  1. I typically find a low resolution artwork file on the internet. Search CD/album names via search engine and click on the IMAGES view, to basically open thumbnails of the CD search. You can also search Amazon for a CD image or eBay or most any other place a thumbnail image would be. Usually these are around 500x500 pixels(?). You do not need a 'big' image file here.
  2. When I find the image I want to use, I'll take a screen shot of that small image. On a Mac this would be Apple(key)+Shift+4 to select a portion of the screen. Again on a Mac, these screen shots are automatically dropped onto the desktop. (you may have to wait a few seconds for this to happen) So now I have a thumbnail of the artwork on the desktop of my computer.
  3. With the B2 USER INTERFACE (UI) OPEN, I navigate to the CD that corresponds to that saved artwork, so the artist, album, tracks panels are all displayed for that CD.
  4. Then the magic happens! I simply drag that thumbnail of artwork from the desktop to the TRACK files panel and it automatically loads the artwork onto the B2.
I'm sure there are a number of errors in what I'm telling you but this has worked for me for the past year. I'd assume that the B2 scales the artwork as needed but I really have no idea other than the artwork files functioning as you'd expect. I've no idea what the filename is once saved. I've never checked.

Peter Lowham

Mar 15, 2022, 9:37:08 AM3/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Randy,

When an artwork file is uploaded through the B2 it is named 'coverart.jpg'  (without the quotes) and it is stored in the relevant album folder along with the music tracks.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Mar 16, 2022, 4:55:15 AM3/16/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Randy,

Via the web UI - click on an Artist so the Album/s are shown in the top right hand panel and the Tracks in the panel below. Click on the 'crossed out camera' icon, which will open the 'Upload' panel. The Artist and Album names will already be loaded. Click on 'Chose file'. Navigate to the image you want and click 'open'. Click on 'Send to Brennan' and the image should appear where the 'crossed out camera' was.

Paul
Brennan Support.