CDDB and CD art

Peter Kilpin

Jul 23, 2020, 9:08:12 AM7/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi. Thanks for letting me join the Forum. I bought my B2 last week and am busy ripping cds. As a 'new boy' I will, no doubt, ask a number of basic questions. The first concerns the internal dbase as I am yet to have a CD identified. The majority of cds have been jazz, but one was by Amy Winehouse which I thought might be less obscure. Secondly, whilst I can retrieve an image of CD art work, it takes so long to then upload, that I give up in frustration. Thanks for your help Peter

Daniel Taylor

Jul 23, 2020, 9:35:44 AM7/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,
Welcome to the "club."
Have you connected your B2 to the internet yet?  That would typically be via WiFi, although some folks make a direct wired connection to their router.

You'll also want to be connected to the internet so that you can do a Web Upgrade of your software.  What version are you currently running?  An easy way to see that is to use the remote control and press the up arrow twice.  Software version is also one of the items that can be viewed in the Settings box of the WebUI.

PMB

Jul 23, 2020, 11:07:46 AM7/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

For the CDDB issue do a Web Upgrade (requires the B2 to be connected to WiFi - the B2's displays shows an IP Address, something like 192.168.1.127 - and the Internet - the B2's display shows a clock (can also be checked using the 'Check Internet' option from the Maintenance menu)).

Daniel meant to say - press the INFO button on the remote twice to see the software version.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Kilpin

Jul 23, 2020, 11:27:33 AM7/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks. I am connected to the internet. Software version B2B 6 2019 12:55:15

Peter

Peter Lowham

Jul 23, 2020, 12:10:44 PM7/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

Your software is out of date abd that's why the CDDB issue has arisen.

Now that you are connected to the internet, if you go to 'Settings' --> 'Web Upgrade' and run this.  You should then be upgraded to 'B2B Jul 21 2020' version and you will find that the CDDB will work correctly.

Regards,
Peter.

Daniel Taylor

Jul 23, 2020, 1:34:13 PM7/23/20
to Brennan Forum
On Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 11:07:46 AM UTC-4, PMB wrote:
Daniel meant to say - press the INFO button on the remote twice to see the software version.

Oops.  Yes, that's what I meant.  Sorry to be misleading.