B2 And Sonos - Changing Track Names

Richard Ashe

Dec 11, 2020, 7:13:12 AM12/11/20
to Brennan Forum

I currently have Nova Fidelity X12 which I use as a NAS drive and access it through the SONOS app to play music through the SONOS. Like the B2, the X12 has a web UI which I use to edit CD information like rename tracks etc. The problem I have is that the X12 uses the mp3 file name as the track name whereas SONOS use the "title" metadata tag. This means that SONOS is not picking up the changes to the track name because the tag is not changed.

What I would like to know is where does the B2 get it's data from. Is it using file and folder names, or is it looking at the file metadata? Or some other mechanism? If I change a track name through the B2 UI what is being changed, the file name, the metadata or something else?

Daniel Taylor

Dec 11, 2020, 7:29:40 AM12/11/20
to Brennan Forum
The B2 uses the artist folder name, the album folder name, and the song filenames.  The B2 does not use the tag information.  The free program mp3tag can help you edit the tag information.  There are also various CD ripping programs that allow you to edit both the filenames and tags before ripping.  dBpoweramp CD Ripper is a very good, and popular, program for that.
Message has been deleted

Richard Ashe

Dec 11, 2020, 7:47:32 AM12/11/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for that Daniel. This of course means that you will get the same problem with the B2 ie the SONOS app will not pick up the edited track name. However this should not be a problem as you can play to a SONOS speaker directly from the Brennan UI or app which you can’t do from the X12 so you don’t need the SONOS app.

PMB

Dec 14, 2020, 3:55:15 AM12/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Richard,

The B2 does have a tagging facility - Album menu > Retag Album - which you can try to see if Sonos displays the title info for the retagged album.

Paul
Brennan Support.