No audio

peterm...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2020, 4:27:29 AM6/26/20
to Brennan Forum

Hi - I have had a new B2 since mid-April. No problems loading/listening to 60+ CD's.

However, when I have loading music from a cassette recorder via AUX - I seem
to have reached a major problem. I have loaded about 6 files OK - but now - no audio.

I have tried re-booting, updating the S/W,scanning the disk, downloading s/w onto memory stick and doing USB C - software upgrade. Still the same.

Everything looks OK - I can see all the albums; can select a track; select a preset - but no
audio. Also - someone suggested toggling 'Audio on HDMI (TV) via Web UI - no effect.

Can someone please help - this product is eseentially useless as it stands.

Thanks.

Peter Dawson

PMB

Jun 26, 2020, 5:24:39 AM6/26/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

Try unplugging the cable that is plugged into Aux In.

After 'recording' via Aux In, do you then change back to HDD mode and 'Get Recordings' off the SD Card?

Is it all sources - HDD, Radio, etc that have no sound? How have you got the B2 set up i.e. speakers connected to the B2, Line Out connected to an existing stereo system, etc?

Paul
Brennan Support.

peterm...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2020, 6:38:46 AM6/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi - I am a little confused - I have replied to emails sent to me. Should I always reply on the ForuM??
Anyway - in reply here to the last msg from Paul - I have tried the suggestions that you made and it did apply to radio as well.
I asked if it was possible to re-format the SDD and download the software or otherwise you suggested a new SD card.
Would appreciate an update.
Thanks

Peter

Daniel Taylor

Jun 29, 2020, 8:52:08 AM6/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,
I think you will find that, in general, if you post on the forum, you will be able to get more suggestions from others and keep us all up to date on where things stand with your situation.  Right now it's unclear to me what you've tried, what might have worked, and what are still problems.

peterm...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2020, 11:16:06 AM6/29/20
to Brennan Forum

Daniel
Sorry, I have never used a Forum like this before. - so tended to reply to the emails that you get.
Here is a rough list of what I tried - switching on and off; rebooting; s/w upgrade; download s/w to memory stick and
upgrade via usb C; scan disk; toggle 'Audio on HDMI'; toggle Jack Sense'.
It all started after I was  recording some old cassette tapes via the Aux input. Tried pulling the AUX plug out as well.
I had started on 60+ conventional CD's - no problems at all.
Also audio did not work with any Radio presets.
Visually - everything looks OK - I can select albums/tracks OK - but just no audio when I press 'Play'.

Peter

Daniel Taylor

Jun 29, 2020, 1:52:27 PM6/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,
No problem.  We're just trying to get you squared away.

So audio used to work, but stopped after you had done some analog input recording.  How do you have the B2 connected for audio playback?  Direct wired speakers?  Analog or digital output to an external amp?  What do you have the volume set to? (unless using the digital output)  On the front panel display, does it say Source: Hard Disk, or Source: SD card?  Have you run the command to Get Recordings (Settings menu) from the SD card yet?  Have you tried plugging headphones into the analog output?

I know my questions are all over the place.  I'm just trying to get a sense of what might have gone wrong.

PMB

Jun 30, 2020, 4:38:04 AM6/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

I emailed you a link to our Techy Stuff page - link - for instructions on reprogramming the SD Card. I have also asked the warehouse to send you an SD Card (belts and braces).

Paul
Brennan Support.

peterm...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2020, 11:34:13 AM6/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Daniel

I owe you a reply. My loudspeakers are connected directly to internal amp via good quality cables. Connections are good.
Can't remember the volume setting - but not too loud. Yes it says Source Hard Disk. I did run the Get Recordings command from SD to an album called Recording/ artist Unknown.  Tried many things as per previous post. Fortunately I made a good backup before all this happened and
checked it was OK on my Macbook.
Paul is sending me a new SD card. I have already spent about £560 on this thing - I do not want to have to start doing new SD's at home.

Peter

Daniel Taylor

Jun 30, 2020, 1:02:25 PM6/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Peter,
I've seen new SD card software fix a wide variety of problems.  At this point, I think that's your best bet.  Let's see what happens when you get the new card.  Please post back here again and let us know how you get on.

PMB

Jul 1, 2020, 2:43:13 AM7/1/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

Just a thought - you mentioned good quality speaker cables - do the plugs have a metal outer surround? The sockets are quite close on the rear of the B2 and if the plugs are metal bodied they could be shorting together. In this case try slipping a piece of card or thin plastic between each of the plugs to isolate them.

Paul
Brennan Support.

peterm...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2020, 5:16:11 AM7/1/20
to Brennan Forum

Paul

I also bought decent plugs with plastic surrounds - so no chance of shorting.

Peter