Paul Herbert

Mar 21, 2022, 5:19:09 AM3/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,
As a new user to both the B2 and this forum, I have a question regarding back up.

Having followed the guide and connected my USB storage device to the USB:C, I have the following message displayed;

'USB:C Mount Failed - expects FAT format'.

What does this mean?

Kind regards

Paul

JFBUK

Mar 21, 2022, 6:21:01 AM3/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

There are differing formats for storage devices.
The only one the B2 is comfortable with is one known as FAT32.
You don't say what brand or size of USB device you have but what you need to do is to format the USB device to FAT32 assuming the device is empty and you have no data files
on it.
The best way is to do this is with USB device connected to the B2 and from the B2 menu use the appropriate commend depending on which USB port you
are connected to

e.g.

>SETTINGS>MAINTENANCE> Format USB A

Screenshot 2022-03-21 101638.jpg

The B2 will then recognize the USB drive OK

John

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2022, 6:23:21 AM3/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

Thats an easy one.

Before you can use a USB (disk) device on a B2, it MUST be in FAT32 format.
The best way of achieving this is to format it using the B2 - (However the format will erase all previous content on the USB device)
Plug the USB device into one of the B2's USB ports at the back and run this command using the Front panel and round knob (the Menu system)
"Main menu > Settings > Maintenance > Format USB A or C"
a.JPG

Once this completes, reboot the B2 and you will find that the B2 will be able to see the USB device and you will be able to run your "Export" backup OK.

If it was not a backup you were wanting to do - Ie load music from somewhere else, then the Format will have erased all this music off the USB device and you will have to reload the music onto the
USB device again first. If you are doing this from a Windows PC, IGNORE any Windows warnings about the USB device - do not let windows check it or mend it!, just copy your music to it, it will work fine.

Fred

Paul Herbert

Mar 24, 2022, 5:03:48 PM3/24/22
to Brennan Forum