Album Cover from the web and web-interface

AndreP

Feb 22, 2018, 1:16:54 AM2/22/18
to Brennan Forum

Something seems amiss with the album cover feature.
When I insert a CD to be ripped, I can click on "get album art" and it appears from the web after a while. However, once the ripping is done, -there is no cover art in the B2! I tried "grabbing" it from the CD-ripping square on the webpage and drop it on the album cover field  on the right, -that does nothing.
I can import cover art from my own harddisk without problems, but what is this peek-a-boo with the cover art from the web? Once a CD is ripped, it seems that the B2 only accepts cover art from a local source - even though it knew how to find it on the web during ripping...
Also, the pop-up text over the cover art is misleading: "Drag or Paste artwork here...". Dragging doesn't work and pasting into a webpage is simply not possible.
So, please advise on the use of Cover Art button under the ripping menu.

Brennan Support

Feb 23, 2018, 4:46:14 AM2/23/18
to Brennan Forum
Hello Andre P

I just ripped an Emeli Sande CD with cover art.

You need to insert the CD. Then click first on the art button (on the Web UI). Then rip.

It won't always find art but this CD was OK just now.

Drag and drop and paste were a bit browser and content dependent so I added a more guaranteed approach

find the cover art and save it to your computer
click on the album art icon in the title of the album - this opens an upload panel for that album
browse to the cover art you found
click upload to B2

I'll take a look at the "Drag or Paste" popup - I think it need to either remove it or restore the functionality which may have broken when I added the mechanism above

Thanks

Martin