Playing B2 through Amazon Echo devices?

John Page

Dec 1, 2021, 2:01:07 AM12/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Two of my rooms have Sonos devices, so that’s ok, but three others have various Echo devices. Can I get the B2 to play through these?

JFBUK

Dec 1, 2021, 5:01:38 AM12/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

Its possible but I have never been wholly successful. Your Echo devices need to be in Bluetooth range of your B2 and it sounds like they may not be.

See these threads

John

Hbunnet

Dec 1, 2021, 5:33:09 AM12/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes via Bluetooth if in range.  I improved range by attaching the bluetooth dongle to an extension lead and placing it up higher.

John Page

Dec 1, 2021, 1:29:57 PM12/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Thank you all.  Does anyone have any experience or advice about bluetooth range extenders?  Could one of these work?

Dennis

Dec 1, 2021, 4:28:56 PM12/1/21
to Brennan Forum
I "think" you can also use Amazon's Echo Link product to accomplish this.

Scroll down and read the Question: Does this work to play audio from my receiver optical out to the link optical in and play Link everywhere on echo devices? (The B2 would replace the Receiver in a Brennan setup).

JFBUK

Dec 2, 2021, 4:12:21 AM12/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dennis,
I must be missing something but I cannot see confirmation that you can play an optical source to the Link  on Echo Speakers or groups
John

PMB

Dec 2, 2021, 6:57:01 AM12/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Johnjp...,

Have a look for a 'High Power Bluetooth Transmitter' from the likes of Blitzwolf, Avantree and others. These can be connected to the optical out on the B2 and your Bluetooth speakers will then connect to the Transmitter.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Dennis

Dec 2, 2021, 4:25:07 PM12/2/21
to Brennan Forum
The Echo Link does have an Optical In port, but if it turns out that it cannot send that signal to Echo speakers it could be done using the analog Line In connection. To be clear, I do not have an Echo Link, I am only mentioning this as an alternative to Bluetooth.  Amazon has a generous return policy. It's a low risk proposition for someone who needs to send music from a B2 to Echo speakers in another room.

John Page

Dec 9, 2021, 4:24:52 PM12/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks to all for your helpful advice and suggestions.  I will work up to the Bluetooth issue in due course.  Having received my B2 a few days ago I'm slowly getting to grips with the basics