B2 wired and bluetooth speakers

Geoff Tompkins

Feb 4, 2021, 1:54:20 PM2/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Having a spot of bother getting sound out of a Sony speaker, connected just the one for now, but only get sound out of JBL wireless speaker.
I have 'checked' the Bluetooth and wired speakers together option in the bluetooth setting, but it keeps disappearing, and when I select it again the wireless speaker stops.
Any thoughts please?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2021, 2:26:21 PM2/4/21
to Brennan Forum
To help we need to know a bit more about how your system is set up.

I take it you have a bluetooth speaker and that that is working OK.

Also (I assume) you have a pair of speakers plugged into the  rear of the B2. and these are not working ?

If so ...... 2 things to check
1) have you turned the volume up?
2) the socket in the back of the B2 for the speaker connections are quite close together and if you connection plugs have a metal case, it has been known for these to touch, shorting out! Check this and if they are close together insert bits of paper between them to prevent this.
Fred

PMB

Feb 5, 2021, 4:06:45 AM2/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Geo...,

I addition to Fred's questions please let us know which version software the B2 is running - press INFO on the remote twice - the B2 will display either B2 xxxx or B2B xxxx (where xxxx is the date).

Do the Sony speakers play if the JBL (and any other paired Bluetooth speaker) is powered off?

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Feb 5, 2021, 4:12:10 AM2/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I was just checking the 'Bluetooth and wired speakers together' for Geo... and have the B2 playing an HDD track to a Bluetooth speaker and wired speakers, as well as HDD music to a 'stereo pair' Sonos and internet radio to a single Sonos. Quite a cacophony....

This with the B2 connected via WiFi using the standard dongle - OK my B2 is quite close to the router.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Geoff Tompkins

Feb 5, 2021, 11:04:34 AM2/5/21
to Brennan Forum

Paul,

Yes, wired speakers work, switch on bluetooth speaker and wired speakers stop.

Checked software version, and was very surprised to discover it was Sept 2020, I was convinced I had upgraded as soon as it came out of the box, I would have put money on it!!!!!

Upgraded to Jan 2021, all us now working as required .

Thank you for your help, now I just need to search the forum to see if I can increase the number of playlists.

Thanks again everyone.

jeff...@googlemail.com

Feb 5, 2021, 1:25:46 PM2/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Just open playlist in the web UI, clock the 3 dots to the right. Create new playlist is the 3rd in the drop-down!

Geoff Tompkins

Feb 5, 2021, 1:43:27 PM2/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Jeff,
Spot on, I missed it, think I am suffering from Brennan overload. Will leave the new toy for a wile, and go and lie down!!!!
Thanks for letting me know, the other half is off my back now!!!!

jeff...@googlemail.com

Feb 5, 2021, 1:48:53 PM2/5/21
to Brennan Forum
😉 no problems.