b2db to USB C file

Brian Ward

Feb 5, 2021, 10:30:11 AM2/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Good afternoon all

Quick question for those who have output their B2 contents into a text file via b2db to USB C command.

I have recently done this and managed to read it into excel on my laptop, couple of issues I see with it though.

The format is

Rod Stewart/Some Guys Have All The Luck CD1
15 Tracks
01 Maggie May

1) To get it into Excel was relatively simple however to get it into columns so the Track number was in the column 1 and the title in column 2 it meant that the first two letters or the Artist remained in column 1 as did the digits for number of tracks.
2) The track listings for each album did always come out from 1 to 12 for instance. Many of the albums had some disorder in the track listings (they were all there but often track 1 would be below track 12.

It is simple to change for 1) it is adding in the first two characters to column 2 and deleting those in column 1, for 2) just doing a highlight and sort corrects the track order

However with 4806 albums it is quite time consuming - is there anyway I can make this easier and why does the B2 output tracks in the wrong order?

Cheers
Brian