Smart Plug

Nigel Loaring

Jun 26, 2018, 5:42:18 AM6/26/18
to Brennan Forum
Not seen this mentioned before but I have had my B2 for a couple of years now and have used a trimmed in-line switch to turn the power on/off. Having recently acquired an Amazon Echo Dot I have now connected the B2 via a smart plug and is working well.

"Alexa B2 on"
"Alexa connect to Brennan"
"Alexa play music by.....
"Alexa B2 off"

jon

Jun 26, 2018, 8:39:17 AM6/26/18
to Brennan Forum
Are you controlling the Brennan using Alexa? That would be interesting! Or just playing Amazon music through the Bluetooth?

Nigel Loaring

Jun 26, 2018, 8:45:52 AM6/26/18
to Brennan Forum
Just playing Amazon music through the Brennan, though voice control would be brilliant.
It was more about not rummaging round the back of the unit to switch on!

Spike Haward

Jun 26, 2018, 5:23:21 PM6/26/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi
I use My media for Alexa to voice control my B2 - works well, but does need the app to be running as a service on your PC, so that must be switched on.

Brennan Support

Jul 4, 2018, 5:16:09 AM7/4/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nigel

Martin here - well done.

I'd like to do more with Alexa - but there is a "steep learning curve" - I am sure others will be interested.

Could you tell me more about what you did - I'd like to replicate - sometimes its easier to start from something that works than wade through tons of Amazon Web Services documentation.

If you do post something - email on thebrennanb2.com so I know to look

Martin

Nigel Loaring

Jul 5, 2018, 1:09:27 PM7/5/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martin
As I put in my post I just use an Echo dot to control a smart plug to switch the B2 on/off, though that seems a bit flaky as the unit doesn't always recognise that there is power to it. Then I am just using Bluetooth to play Amazon music through the B2. It looks like Spike has a solution for accessing stored music in his response.
Thanks for getting in touch.
Nigel