Playing album via NAS - newbie question

Arnie McDowell

May 6, 2019, 1:03:37 PM5/6/19
to Brennan Forum
1 month in, loving my B2, have set up NAs and using this to drag & drop to back up etc - my question is re playing music from the NAS, eg via laptop elsewhere in my house away from the B2.

I can play single tracks by clicking on the relevant file, playing with Windows Media, but have to do this for each song - should it be possible to play full album - am I just missing something obvious?

Daniel Taylor

May 6, 2019, 4:15:41 PM5/6/19
to Brennan Forum
You ought to be able to play from your NAS B2 the same way you'd play from any other disk connected to your computer.  When I use Windows Media Player to play more than one song, I highlight all the songs in a folder that I want to play and then right-click on the first one and select WMP.  When I right-click on a folder name, the choices (for me) include playing with the VLC media player, but no option comes up for WMP.  So apparently, it depends on the player you want to use.