Wi-Fi connection

john duncan

Feb 2, 2022, 10:47:45 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Upgraded my Wi-Fi and got a new router.  When I try to connect my B2 to the wi-fi it does not connect. I have got wi-fi connection to all the other devices in my house  The new router has a 14 digit password and the previous one had a 10 digit password. Could this be the problem am open to suggestions.

  Thanks Jock

JFBUK

Feb 2, 2022, 11:10:14 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jock,

just to confirm.

You have gone into Wifi Setup on the B2 menu and selected your new network name (SSID) ( I assume it changed) and typed in your new password ?

John

john duncan

Feb 2, 2022, 11:19:51 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes I selected the new name and entered the new password

JFBUK

Feb 2, 2022, 11:25:21 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jock,

did you get an IP address , something like 192.168.0.nnn or does it show "no network"
When you look at the B2 display it will be shown in the scrolling info under the time

If it is "no network" try a Wi-Fi reset

>SETTINGS>MAINTENANCE> WIFI RESET

Then try a Wifi Setup

John

john duncan

Feb 2, 2022, 11:50:39 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
tried Wi-Fi reset did not work. The display shows no network. After I have put in 10 digits for the password the next four digits appear to jump when entering them .

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 12:18:49 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jock

While you could continue to setup the B2 with the 14 digit password (it should work)
Another rout would be to log onto the Router and change the WiFi password to something shorter (you would then of cause have to reconnect all the other devices in you house which are using the old password).
Fred

JFBUK

Feb 2, 2022, 12:18:57 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jock,

I am not aware of any length constraint on the Wi-Fi password on the B2 so unsure why it appears to play up when you type it in.

My wifi password is 12 characters long so if there is a constraint, its not 10 characters.

If you feel technically confident enough (its not that complex) you could try changing your Wi-Fi password to a shorter one, assuming the router allows a length less than 14.

If you post details of your router & internet connection  someone who has similar may be able to help

John

john duncan

Feb 2, 2022, 12:35:02 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
My router is a Plusnet hub 2, not confident to change password will try again

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 12:54:49 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jock

Well if it is still proving difficult (turn the Round knob very slowly), changing the password is not difficult
You will need to go to your Routers Admin page (type 192.168.1.254 into your browser search bar)
a.JPG
Then log in a "Admin" with the (your) admin password which will be in position (1) as above.
then WRITE DOWN what you want to be the new WiFi password
then  go to Advanced Settings and follow the prompts to change your password.
[

To change the Wi-Fi settings of your hub:

  1. Log into the Hub Manager
  2. Click Wireless
  3. Click Change settings
  4. Enter your admin password
]

Fred

john duncan

Feb 2, 2022, 2:03:01 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks everybody for your advice, tried another few times to connect and was successful , not sure why

  Thanks again Jock

PMB

Feb 3, 2022, 4:24:07 AM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jock,

Good news, thanks for letting us know.

When entering the password the display does jump around a bit when the number of characters exceeds the screen width.

Paul
Brennan Support.