NAS success

Rik

Apr 19, 2020, 10:13:16 AM4/19/20
to Brennan Forum

Just to say that not thinking I’d ever need to rip on the PC, having loaded the bulk of my collection, only 500 or so, on the B2 and just needing to add the odd purchased album now and then, I bought a second hand album. The ones I’ve bought before in VG or Excellent condition have been fine. One disc, the third of three,  has a slight blemish and wouldn’t rip past the third track. I wiped it as best I could, not wanting to go down a more drastic route.

I enabled NAS on my desktop, apprehensive because of the discussions here about needing to tick or untick something to do with Windows 10. I didn’t have to do anything requiring any technical skill. I ripped onto the PC and copied the disc to the Brennan music list and lo and behold after scanning it’s in its right place on the machine. The third track plays with a stutter for several seconds  but all the tracks have transferred. As far as I can tell after a cursory listen I think the rest are OK.

I thought this might encourage anyone with minimum PC skill to do do the same.

PMB

Apr 20, 2020, 6:07:37 AM4/20/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rik,

Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't have to turn SMB1.0 on on my Win 10 laptop either.

Paul
Brennan Support.