BB1 and DAC problem

John Jones

Sep 29, 2021, 6:57:52 PM9/29/21
to Brennan Forum
I want to plug my BB1 into the AUX input in my car, so I purchased a SABRENT  DAC (model AU-MMSA). I have it plugged into the USB output on the BB1 and I have turned on "Turn Headphone Output On". The music stops playing through the BB1 internal speaker, but there is no sound from the headphones (I have tried two different sets). The display shows a pair of headphones, but it is colored Red, If I turn the headphone output Off, the headphone symbol turns white. The DAC did not come with drivers (says none is needed). Any suggestions?

PMB

Sep 30, 2021, 3:24:51 AM9/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi cornu...,

You do have to load the DAC software - use the top control to navigate to Settings & Tools >> Maintenance >> scroll down to 'Install USB DAC Driver'. If it's not shown then it may have already been loaded.

Paul
Brennan Support.

John Jones

Sep 30, 2021, 6:40:50 AM9/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,
I didn't find 'install USB DAC Driver. But in exploring under Settings & Tools >> Maintenance >> Advanced, I found DAC Diagnostics - when I selected this, the DAC (Headphones) started working. Curiously, when it plays on the headphones, the headphone symbol on the main screen is Red - turning the headphones Off, causes the headphone symbol to turn white (I would have expected the opposite coloring) - But the headphone problems is solved... Thank you
John

PMB

Oct 1, 2021, 4:13:02 AM10/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

The white headphones symbol shows the BB1 can see that a DAC is plugged in and red shows it is active.

Paul
Brennan Support.

John Jones

Oct 1, 2021, 10:52:16 PM10/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul - seems backwards, but it works for me
John