Surround DSP support on B2?

Raik

Oct 22, 2021, 9:58:20 AM10/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi guys,

does B2 support audio DSP?
If so I'd like to request this FreeSurround DSP to be ported:

I loved this DSP back in the day when I was using Windows + foobar2000.
This would make it the complete package for me.

Can it please be added to the wishlist?

Kind regards

Raik

Daniel Taylor

Oct 22, 2021, 1:27:04 PM10/22/21
to Brennan Forum
I was curious, so I followed the link you provided.  Interesting concept.  However, it says this:
"It works with any stereo music containing surround information like the following compatible coding schemes" and goes on to list all the multi-channel codecs that are supported.  AFAIK, that kind of coding on CDs is quite rare.  I don't think there would be much demand for that FreeSurround DSP add-on on the Brennan products.

Raik

Oct 27, 2021, 2:40:32 PM10/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,
thanks for checking and your feedback.
Even though not many CDs may advertise any of these features, rest assured that this DSP works quite well with 99% of any Stereo music.
I've been using it with foobar2000 on a 5.1 audio system many years and many types of music are an enjoyable improvement (better than any Pro-Logic of AVRs) for my taste.
Centered vocals, surrounding instrumentals, realistic reverbs and distinct bass.
Still you're probably right and there isn't much demand but I'd love it.
Cheers