How do I set up Google Home, like Alexa

Andrew Denny

Apr 22, 2018, 6:27:49 AM4/22/18
to Brennan Forum
I got an Amazon Echo 2, but was disappointed with it (sound was awfully boomy) and I returned it after a week.
I see there is advice on getting Alexa to work with B2, although I didn't have time to try it.
Is it possible to set up a Google Home device to work with B2 in the same way?

PMB

Apr 25, 2018, 5:10:42 AM4/25/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andrew,

According to other posts the B2 can be played through the Echo via Bluetooth but so far the Echo cannot control the B2.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Andrew Denny

Apr 25, 2018, 5:25:22 AM4/25/18
to Brennan Forum
Thanks, I'm not sure what you mean though.  While I want to speak to the Home or Alexa device, I just want it to play back its sound through the B2 and its hi-fi speakers.
So if I say (for example), "Alexa, play BBC Radio Three", it would do so, but the sound would come out through the B2 hi-fi.

I don't expect to be able to 'control' the B2 directly, just have it act as the speaker.  Is that possible?

PMB

Apr 26, 2018, 4:04:30 AM4/26/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andrew,

We've had many enquiries about controlling the B2 using Alexa (or Home) so thought you were asking the same. I haven't done it myself but Martin wrote -

It took seconds to pair the new Amazon Echo Dot (£49.99) with my Brennan B2. Tap Settings on the Alexa App then pick the Alexa product you want to pair (I only had the one). Then tap Bluetooth. After a moment you will see the Brennan B2 listed. Tap and it's paired. After that Alexa speaks and plays music through the Brennan speakers. You don’t need the app again.

I would think Home would have a similar app to connect to Bluetooth devices.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Andrew Denny

Apr 26, 2018, 4:12:48 AM4/26/18
to Brennan Forum
Many thanks!  I will check the Google Home way of doing it, but the way you describe it makes it easier for me to understand.